- 48 percent of Congress members are millionaires while only 1 percent of all Americans are millionaires
- 55 members of Congress have an average wealth of $10 million and 8 members have an average wealth of $100+ million
- During the worst part of the recession 2008-2009, the median wealth of a congressional member rose $125K
- The median wealth of a House member is $700,000+, while the median wealth for a senator was over $2 million
- 5 of the 6 Republican members of the new Super Committee for the Budget are millionaires.
136 members of Congress who are millionaires have voiced opposition to President Obama's Buffett Rule (list HERE - pdf.)
Daily Kos: Ahhh...so THIS is why they don't want to tax millionaires