Saturday, October 24, 2009

Biden on Cheney attacks: "Who cares?"

"So I think that is sort of irrelevant. Not sort of - I think it’s irrelevant."
clipped from www.nytimes.com

PRAGUE — Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. had a blunt response on Friday to the latest broadsides from former Vice President Dick Cheney: “Who cares?”

In the latest exchange between old and new administrations, Mr. Biden rebuffed his predecessor’s criticism about President Obama’s handling of Afghanistan as “absolutely wrong.” And Mr. Biden rejected the last review of the war conducted by the White House under former President George W. Bush and Mr. Cheney as “irrelevant

“Who cares what — ” he said, and then stopped himself to find another way to put it. (“I can see the headline now,” said the famously free-wheeling vice president. “I’m getting better, guys.”)

Moreover, he said, the Bush-Cheney review is now dated. “A whole lot has changed in the last year,”
Is that review relevant and totally applicable to today in light of the changes that have taken place in the region, in Afghanistan itself? So I think that is sort of irrelevant. Not sort of — I think it’s irrelevant.”
 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment