Sunday, April 22, 2012

Is Political Discussion Dead?

by Walterharper

I just mean in general. It seems the media is pumping so much propaganda 24/7 right into people's heads that real thought is a sacred commodity. I cannot count the number of times in a discussion that I have been badgered and yelled at for idea that I did not have simply I disagreed with someone. It seems to have become completely reactionary without substance. How many times have you heard something to the effect of "I am against x because so and so supports it, but I don't really know what it is."
It just seems like a sort of meaningless exercise in watching two parts of a very narrow spectrum fight really hard about hollow issues that they know nothing about. But I don't know, maybe I am just pessimistic/talk to loud jackasses too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment