Sunday, December 9, 2012

How much of an idiot I was before


by Hennsomm


So I used to be a hard line conservative. I watched FOX news as my main source of information, nearly daily and I ate it all up. I hate to admit it but I used to love the (I honestly cannot think of the name to save my life... angry yelling man show). I followed Bill O'Reily constantly and would scoff at people with differing opinions on the channel. But this all changed on day when I heard them talking about Muslim Extremists and the "9/11" mosque.
I am not a Muslim, nor do I follow any religion, but I found it amazing that these people said that the Muslims were making a show out of 9/11 by building a Mosque, which they made it seem like it was on Ground Zero. So I decided to take a break from Fox and turned to the BBC and CNN for my news for what I expected to be a week or two.
Now two years later I am an American registered to the Green Party with belief that completely counters my beliefs from when I was younger. So I get to FOX for shit and giggles, and I am amazed at how I feel. The poor allure to this (imo) is that these hosts out yell dissent and use the Founding Fathers as figure heads and if you don't agree 100% with them 'god' help you.
This isn't meant to be a conservatives suck post, but more of a US news broadcasting overall sucks. The BBC, RT, The Economist and Al Jazeera (not a terrorist group like FOX taught me) actually do their jobs and don't fear monger for views.
Rest of the world I thank you for taking my ears away from the yelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment